Updated: 1st january 2022
2022 TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
BY PARTICIPATING IN THE Y25 PROGRAMME, NOMINATORS AND NOMINEES AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET OUT BELOW.
- Subject to the Category Criteria set out herein any individual aged 15 or over at the date of nomination and who is either a) a New Zealand citizen (by birth or citizenship) or b) has been granted permanent residency in New Zealand or c) has been in New Zealand for over five years and can prove they are working towards/close to residency, may be nominated for The Y25 Programme (“the Programme”) regardless of whether or not they are a member of YWCA Auckland at the time of the nomination. Proof of identity, citizenship or permanent residency and date of birth may be requested by YWCA Auckland for verification purposes and failure to comply with such a request by YWCA Auckland may result in the nomination being deemed invalid.
- Nominations for the Programme may be made by any individual.
- Any nominee under the age of 18 needs parental consent to be included.
- The nomination period opens at 1pm NZST 1st February 2022 and closes at 5pm NZST 31st March 2022 ("Nomination Period"). Any nominations made outside of the Nomination Period may be accepted at the absolute discretion of YWCA Auckland.
- By making a nomination, the Nominator is deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions.
- Once a nomination is received the nominee will be contacted by email from YWCA Auckland to confirm their acceptance of the nomination. YWCA Auckland might ask the nominee to provide further information and material in support of the nomination if needed. Nominations must include any required supporting material requested by YWCA Auckland and may be deemed invalid if, in the sole and absolute discretion of YWCA Auckland, the nominator fails to supply the supporting material or any supporting material provided is, in the opinion of YWCA Auckland, inadequate in any way whatsoever.
- Any nominee for the Programme must provide the approval to being nominated. Such approval must be submitted with the nomination in the form required by YWCA and the nominee’s approval to the nomination is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Internet access is required to make a nomination. Any cost associated with accessing the online form/s is the Nominator’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used by the Nominator. YWCA shall have no liability to the Nominator or any nominee as a result of any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information caused by a Nominator on transmission. YWCA is not responsible for any technical problems resulting from any Nominator’s sending or receiving of any communications or materials.
- Multiple nominations must be made separately.
- A Nominator may contact the YWCA Auckland for guidance in relation to making a nomination and providing supporting material. The YWCA Auckland contact for such purpose is Rachel Cleary – email@example.com
- Incomplete, incomprehensible and illegible nominations may, in the YWCA sole and absolute discretion, be deemed invalid.
- A Nominator agrees to take full responsibility for the content of their nomination and agrees to abide by these Terms and Conditions.
- In providing approval to be nominated, a nominee agrees to take full responsibility for any information and material the nominee provides to the YWCA and abide by these Terms and Conditions.
- Nominees are responsible for ensuring that they meet eligibility requirements and criteria for the Programme, that YWCA has been provided with the nominee’s correct contact details and that YWCA is notified if the nominee’s contact details change prior to the date of the Programme ceremony.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY & MATERIAL SUBMITTED TO YWCA
- By consenting to a nomination, a nominee hereby warrants that it is the original author of or has the right to use any and all supporting material it submits to YWCA in respect of the nomination and that said supporting material does not and will not infringe any third party’s intellectual property and proprietary rights, including copyright, patent, trade mark, trade secret, design or any other rights of publicity or privacy nor will it contain any defamatory or obscene material.
- Following the conclusion of the Nomination Period, YWCA will select at its sole and absolute discretion.
- The Judging Panel will consider a nominee’s achievements over the eligibility period (see Category Criteria below) from 1st April to the 30th of April 2022 and will take into consideration the Programme category criteria which form part of these Terms and Conditions and any other criteria which may be specified by YWCA in its absolute discretion from time to time.
- The nominee may be contacted by the YWCA and/or a member of the Judging Panel if further information is required by YWCA and/or the Judging Panel to consider any nomination. Failure to participate in such further interviews may, in the absolute discretion of YWCA, result in the nominee being disqualified from consideration for the Programme.
- The Judging Panel will make a shortlist of up to 50 nominees for the Programme.
- The Programme Shortlist selected by the Judging Panel will be referred to a further specialist judging panel for final consideration (“Programme Judges”). The Programme Judges panel will comprise expert representatives selected by YWCA. The Programme Judges will choose twenty-five members for the final list. The decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into on the unfettered and absolute decision of YWCA.
- YWCA reserves the right at any point, in their absolute discretion, to disqualify, withdraw, or discount any nominations for the Programme or disqualify any nominee if YWCA reasonably believes that:
- the nominee does not meet the eligibility or Programme category criteria requirements set out in these Terms and Conditions;
- the nomination or supporting material provided by the Nominator or nominee is or may be fraudulent, misleading, deceptive, may be damaging to the reputation and good will of the Programme or YWCA or otherwise violate these Terms and Conditions;
- the nomination or supporting material provided by the Nominator or any nominee is or may, in the opinion of YWCA, contain objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting or defamatory statements; or
- there has been any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardize the fair and proper conduct of the Programme including, but not limited to, tampering with the voting process.
- All information submitted or provided as part of the nomination for the Programme remains confidential to YWCA, the Judging Panel and Programme Judges, and remains the property of YWCA.
- Whether a nominee meets the requirements of the selection criteria is at the sole and absolute discretion of YWCA.
- No Nominator or nominee shall have the right to take dispute with YWCA Auckland with respect to the decision of the Judging Panel or Programme Judges with respect to the Programme. The Nominator and any nominee accept the final decision of the Judging Panel and Programme Judges with respect to the Programme and acknowledge and agree that entry of any nomination for the Programme is acceptance of such final decision and hereby waive any right to dispute or otherwise take issue with such decision.
- The final 25 to be on the Programme will be announced in mid June 2022.
- The finalists for the Programme will be announced on a date and in the manner YWCA deems appropriate in YWCA’s sole discretion.
- The finalists for the Programme will be notified by YWCA that they have been shortlisted via email using the contact details provided to YWCA as part of the nomination.
- YWCA acting reasonably may require the Programme winners and/or nominees to take part in publicity events in connection with the Programme.
- Nominators and nominees agree to YWCA’s use and right to reproduce, publish and edit the name, likeness and image of any nominee and the right to use, reproduce, publish and edit any other supporting material submitted by the Nominator or nominee to YWCA in relation to the Programme for the purposes of publicity, promotion or news in relation to YWCA and/or the Programme (including in relation to the Programme in any future year) or as part of the Programme ceremony.
- The final 25 women on the Programme will receive an official YWCA award of achievement in recognition.
- YWCA may, in its sole discretion, choose to award prizes in addition to making the Programme (“Prizes”).
- Any Prizes that may be awarded with making the Programme will be as specified by YWCA in its sole discretion, provided that any such Prizes are subject to change at any time at the sole discretion of YWCA Auckland, no Prizes are able to be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash and are subject to any terms and conditions imposed by any supplier of the Prizes.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- YWCA will hold and use all personal information submitted for the purposes of processing each nomination and administering the Programme.
- YWCA may disclose Nominators’ and nominees’ personal information to its affiliates, contractors, employees (including volunteers), agents or professional advisors for the purpose of conducting and administering the Programme, to communicate with Nominators or nominees in connection with the Programme or to obtain professional advice in connection with the Programme.
- YWCA may also disclose Nominators’ and nominees’ personal information to governmental authorities if required by law. YWCA will not disclose any personal information to any other third parties not affiliated with YWCA or the Programme.
- A member of YWCA or a member of the Judging Panel may contact the nominee (by telephone or email) to verify or seek further information about the nomination and/or the nominee.
- YWCA may use the nominees’ contact details for the promotional purposes of YWCA.
- All nomination information and material submitted remains the property of YWCA and will not be returned unless previously arranged.
- Nominators and nominees may contact YWCA to access and, if required, correct their personal information submitted to YWCA as part of a nomination.
- All Nominators and nominees are entirely responsible for their own costs in relation to any nomination made for the Programme.
- It is free to enter the Y25 Programme.
- YWCA reserves the right to amend or alter these Terms and Conditions without prior notice including in respect of the category criteria for the Programme, the withdrawal of the Programme, and/or any title or Prizes offered in relation to the Programme (if any), wherein the reasonable opinion of YWCA it is in the interest of YWCA and/or the Programme, and no liability shall attach to YWCA as a result of such amendment or alteration.
RIGHT OF CANCELLATION
- At its sole discretion, YWCA reserves the right to postpone or cancel the Programme for any reason whatsoever, and no liability shall attach to YWCA as a result of such postponement or cancellation.
- The Programme and Prizes (if any) are not transferrable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
- YWCA Auckland will not be liable for any loss or damage incurred by any nominee or Nominator or any third party arising out of or in relation to a nomination for or winning of the Programme or in connection with any Prize awarded as part of the Programme.
- By making or consenting to a nomination for the Programme, Nominators and nominees agree to comply with these Terms and Conditions, the decisions of YWCA, the Judging Panel and Programme Judges and will release, indemnity and hold harmless YWCA and its agents, representatives, employees and the Judging Panel and Programme Judges from and against any injuries, losses, damages, claims, actions or liability of any kind resulting from or arising from participation in the Programme or acceptance of the Programme or any Prize awarded as part of the Programme.
- The Programme and the operation of this Agreement are governed by the laws of New Zealand.
- YWCA Auckland will not be liable for any nominations that are lost, corrupted, delayed or fail to be received for any reason including electronic or computer malfunction or error, human or other error or inability to access the YWCA website.
- The contact details of YWCA Auckland are YWCA Auckland, PO Box 8749, Symonds St, Auckland, 1150, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Y25 Programme CATEGORY CRITERIA
- Selection to the Programme will be awarded to women for their outstanding work during the period 1st of January 2021 - 31st of March 2022.
- Subject to meeting the eligibility requirements set out in these Terms and Conditions, the Programme is open to:
- Women (and anyone who identifies as a woman) 15-25 years old
- The nominated have to be at the age of 25 years old or under when the final list is presented mid June 2022
- The nominee may be requested to provide evidence of their achievements.