The YWCA of Hamilton offers fun, free Self Defence courses throughout the year.
If you enjoyed the course or if you are after another refresher you are free to sign up to more than the one programme.
The venue for the course will be confirmed later.
Numbers for these courses are limited, please contact us to register.
This course, which is run in collaboration with SHAMA, integrates Young Women from all over the world in an action packed programme that teaches life within New Zealand as well as the importance of recognising cultural differences/barriers in others. It runs Tuesday to Thursday 9am to 3pm each day
Join us at a complimentary Equal Pay Awards workshop on Thursday 6th July, hosted by YWCA Hamilton.
This is your opportunity to hear from a panel of experts and previous winners about the process and how you can get the most out of entering the YWCA Equal Pay Awards. You will come away with tips and advice to help you with a winning entry.
We know that past entrants and winners have benefited from a little assistance along the way so this is a great opportunity to learn from some of the best.
* Jo Copeland, Human Resources Director, Simpson Grierson - winner of 2014 Silver Equal Pay Award and 2016 Gold Equal Pay Award
* Monica Briggs, CEO, YWCA Auckland (YWCA Equal Pay Awards Judge)
Eight week self-esteem and confidence building programme for young women in Years 9 and 10. Developed especially for young women by young women! This programme is loads of fun. You develop some great relationships, and enhance some of the awesome skills you have!
The following are some objectives we would hope to achieve throughout the programme:
- To equip young women with the skills to be effective leaders and provide opportunities for young women to implement them
- To enhance the self-esteem and confidence of young women in a safe environment
- To gain awareness and knowledge of issues effecting young women
- To promote a holistic approach to healthy living
- To promote creativity through self-expression