The YWCA Christchurch is a part of a national and global mission to empower and support women.
Christchurch offer emergency and transitional accommodation for women and women with children. They also offer a programme to the women who stay with us which involves mentoring, up skilling, sharing skills, tutoring and peer teaching.
In addition, the Y Christchurch assist women in the following:
- Assistance with applying to HNZ, CCC and private rental options to get long-term and permanent accommodation
- On-site counselling
- Common lounge for friends and Whanau visitors
- Shared meals on special occasions
Manager, Full Time
Christchurch are looking for a highly flexible person to fill the role of Manager. The Management role is a full time position established to:
- Work with the Board to manage all aspects of the YWCA Christchurch operations
- Manage finances and administration
- Seek funding and sponsorship for activities and programmes
- Promote, network and advocate on behalf of the YWCA Christchurch
- Ensure the daily running of the YWCA programs is effective and efficient
You can read the full job description and apply here:
Two Board Member Positions Available
Christchurch are also seeking two new board members with good skills in communication, strategic thinking, problem-solving, and decision-making and experience or strengths in any of the following areas:
- Not-for-profit governance
- Networking and advocacy
- Social media
This is an unpaid voluntary position, based from anywhere in Aotearoa.
Read more about the board position or apply here.