Vote tomorrow for #Suffrage2017, report released, and we're hiring!
Join the YWCA #SUFFRAGE2017 Campaign
What better way to recognise suffrage than voting?
Tomorrow, 19 September, join us in acknowledging 124 years of women's suffrage in Aotearoa New Zealand by early voting. Share a selfie on social media tagged #Suffrage2017 to celebrate making our voices heard together around the country.
Released: HerStory in 2017 Report
What do young women in Aotearoa New Zealand today really care about? What challenges and opportunities do they face? What does leadership mean to them? We did research to find out. A report that listens to the voices of young women, to understand the needs of young women in Aotearoa New Zealand today.
Recruiting: Executive Officer
Our current EO, Alanna, is going on parental leave. We seek a passionate, skilled, and highly motivated individual to assist with our work nationally. Could it be you or someone you know? Applications close 29 Sept.
- Volunteering New Zealand Election Manifesto - How the government can support volunteering.
- Report: Election 2017 Ngā Take Whakahirahira a Hapori Community Priorities
- 20/20 Trust Manifesto for Digital Inclusion
- Women in Sport report: Why Sports Needs to Engage Female Volunteers
- Involve Me: free assessment of your volunteer organisation
- Nominate your pick for New Zealander of the Year by 18 Sep.
- MYD Youth Fund grant applications due 29 Sep.
- Enter the Charity Reporting Awards by 7 Oct.
- Contribute your ideas to the OpenIDEO Challenge on youth access to sexual and reproductive health services.
- Collaboration grants from the Working Together More Fund, due 20 Oct.
- Support NCWNZ's Gender Equal campaign: "Let’s make gender equality a reality, so every child can be whoever they want to be."
- Participate in Waikato's University's research into what works in identifying risk of sexual abuse in young people.
- Dev Academy has announced 42 scholarships for Māori to learn web development.
- Hui E! Community Aotearoa Election Hui: celebrating and discussing the Community Priorities Report (20 Sep, Wellington)
- Hui E! Community Aotearoa Sector Hui: Action Station and Special Officer for SDGs as guest speakers (27 Sep, Auckland)
- Empowerment & Success Conference: a positive path for the NGO sector (26-27 Oct, Auckland)
- Young Women's Leadership Summit: inspiration, self-discovery, and fun for changemakers aged 18-25 (14 Oct, Auckland)
- Inclusive NZ's Action Conference: outcomes being achieved by employment, participation and inclusion services (30-31 Oct, Wellington)
- She Moves: a one day forum about women and girls fully participating in society, highlighting the power of sport and recreation to engage and empower (17 Nov, Wellington)