Christchurch YWCA Education Programmes
No Course Fee! (conditions apply)
Young women supported with foundation skills into further education and employment
About the Programme
Our programme is for young women who have an interest in learning and achieving qualifications which prepare them to obtain and retain employment.
Our students work on essential foundation skills including literacy, numeracy, information technology, problem solving, self management, competitive, co-operative and social skills as well as work, study and physical wellness skills which allow for the development of vocational skills and work readiness. Students can also work towards gaining their learner licence.
YWCA Training and Education Gets Excellent Results See NZQA evaluation review 2010
- National Certificate in Employment Skills - Level 1
- Credits towards National Certificate in Educational Achievement – Level 1
- Supported Learning Units
- Computer credits Read More....
Free entitlement for training for jobs in the clothing industry (conditions apply)
Many job opportunities available now
Gain the Following Apparel & Textile Industry Training Organisation Inc. Certificates
- Clothing Industry Elementary Sewing
- Clothing Industry Elementary Cutting
Each of which contribute 20 credits towards:
- National Certificates in Clothing Manufacture, Sewing, Level 2
- Garment Construction Level 3
Train on the following Machines:
Complimentary Unit Standards:
The additional units offered give credits towards “National Certificate in Employment Skills” and the Apparel Industry Certificates: